Your customers love your business! Help others find out more about your business, products and services with a Google Business Listing.
Google My Business is an effective platform that allows you to connect with customers and improve your SEO rankings. Claiming your Google Business Listing is an important step in your digital strategy. In this blog we will explain the importance of having a Google Business Listing, how to set up your My Business Account and how to add a Business Listing.
Do you remember setting up a lemonade stand when you were younger? Of course you chose to set it up on the street in front of your house instead of the backyard. You wanted to be where the people are. This concept applies to business as well. You want your business to be where people are, and in this digital world, they are online. Creating a My Business Account and claiming your business listing will not only help your business to show up in search results but also on locations, maps and in reviews.
1. Increased Customers and Sales
Adding a google business listing to your My Business Account will help ensure your business is more easily found by potential customers. Google will display all important business information like your name, address and phone number. If your business is easy to find online, people are more likely to turn into a customer and make a purchase. This in turn will help increase both your amount of customers and your sales.
2. Improved SEO
SEO sounds intimidating to many business owners, however it doesn’t have to be! An easy way to improve your SEO is updating your Google Business Listing. Let’s break it down: Google is constantly searching for information on your business so it can provide users with accurate and reliable search results. Listing your business online in many different places (Think Yelp, Tripadvisor, etc.) will enable Google to obtain more information. The more information Google has about your business, the more likely it is for your business to show up in search results.
1. First, you need a Google account, you most likely already have one, but if you don’t then you need to sign up for an account first in order to set up your My Business Profile. Just go to Google.com/Business and follow the prompts to get started.
2. After setting up for you’re my Business Profile you will need to select your Business Category. Google will allow you to choose from many different categories, make sure you pick the category that best represents your business.
3. Once you choose your business category it is time to add your Business Listing. You will provide Google with all the information about your business it needs.
4. Google needs to verify your business is real. Most often, you will receive a post card in the mail from Google with a verification code. Once you enter this code, you have access to your full business listing insights. If you are an established brick and mortar business, Google may give you the option to get an automated call to verify. If this option is available for you, use it! It’s instant and you get get started on your listing right away.
Once you are verified, you will have access to your business insights. This dashboard is located on your business page, and shows you how your listing is performing. Some of the most important information is :
This metic will show you how many times your listing was found online, and how. Discovery searches are what most businesses want, because it means a likely new customer has found you while searching for a category, product, or service, you offer. Direct searches are from those who are looking for you by name or address. Direct searches can also reflect other marketing you are doing, for example a radio commercial or direct mailing.
This information lets you know how people are coming across your listing. “Listings on Search” refer to results given when information is entered through a normal Google search, while “Listings on Maps” refers to searches entered on the maps portion of Google.
The “Customer Actions” section shows you what specific actions people are taking when viewing your listing. Are they calling you? Getting Directions? Going to your website to learn more? It is important to know how all components of your digital profile are performing, including your business listing. You may find it is worthwhile to promote your listing or associated keywords and categories with Google Adwords.
Have questions about your Google Business Listing? Need help setting one up? Echo Digital Solutions can help your customers find you online faster by helping you create a Google Business listings and properly optimized digital profile. Gives us a call to get started! 774-312-1545